Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Texting vs. Talking on the Phone

Today's topic has been on my heart for a while now and I thought it was time to share it with you all. We get so wrapped up in social media and our phones. Most people now a days have some form of smart phone and are usually on it constantly. I am just as guilty as the next person. We depend on our phones as a way of communication with our friends.

Texting has become the trend. Most people use texting more then actual phone calls because its convenient or easy. I actually miss talking on the phone to my friends. Texting to me is so impersonal. I really like having that connection of voices. I know it takes more time then texting does but really to me it's worth the time just to hear their voice.

Why did I want to write about this? What started the conversation in my head? Well let me tell you. Most of you know I lost my grandma back in January. Life is short and no one knows how long they have. In a moment life could change. I know for me it has.

We need to make time for the people we care about the most. Take time today to call someone you care about whether it's a parent, spouse, sister, or friend. Tomorrow is never promised. Even if it's only 15 minutes once a week I say it's totally worth it. 

Cherish the moments! Don't have regrets! I would give anything to have one more conversation with my grandma on the phone. Just to hear her voice. I regret not calling her more often. I promise to be better with my friends and sisters and the ones I love. I don't want to have anymore regrets. 

I hope this encourages you all today. Tomorrow is never promised so cherish the moments and memories you have before its too late.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said, Grace. Thank you for the encouragement. My Mommy has been gone 10 years this month. I don't really have any regrets, b/c I believe we did keep up a good phone relationship (before smart phones-back in the "dark ages" when you only had a set amount of minutes/month.Hard to imagine, isn't it.) But I still think of her so often, miss her or wish I could talk to her about something that happened in a day or to ask her advice. I know and look forward to our embrace, when someday, Jesus will call me home. In the meantime, Yeah, keep talking for connection! Lots and lots of love,
    Aunt Bev

    ReplyDelete