Monday, February 8, 2016

Meditation Mondays - Quiet Time with Jesus: SOAP Method

Spending quiet time with Jesus should be the most important part of your day as well as your life. If you aren't making time for Him then you probably aren't doing things that please Him. Now I know what some of you are thinking. I am so busy. I don't have time. I'm always on the go. Well I know how hectic days can be but it's important to keep that relationship with Jesus.

I just wanted to take some time today to introduce you to my favorite way to have my quiet time. I have been using a method called SOAP. It takes about 15 minutes to do and I usually do it before bed. I have found that having my quiet time before bed is perfect for me. I am not distracted by what I have to get done and focus on Him. Now I also start my day in the morning when I get up with prayer as well. I just don't take the time to do my devotions because I get distracted and can't focus because my mind is always going in a million directions with what I have to get done that day.

SOAP was introduced to me as I was browsing Pinterest a few months back. It's a great way to get myself into God's Word and keeps me focused.

S - stands for Scripture. You take a scripture verse and write it out. I usually use the one from the Bible app or just one of my favorite verses.

O - stands for Observation. Write down how you would explain this verse to someone in your own words. What is God saying in the verse?

A - stands for Application. How does this verse apply to your life right now? What does this verse mean to you? Just write down in your own words how you can apply what you read to your own life.

P - stands for Prayer. It's important to pray. Pray to God and ask Him to help you understand and hear His Word. Write out your prayer for the day.

I hope this helps you with your quiet time with Jesus. If you have a favorite way to dig deeper into God's Word or another journaling method I'd love to hear about it.

Blessings and Shalom,
Grace Mae <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment