Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year, New Me, New Beginnings!

Happy New Year! As we start another year I just wanted to take some time to share with you my vision for this blog and what I am planning to accomplish this year. I titled this post, New Year, New Me, and New Beginnings.

New Year- It is a gift from God that we get to start a new year. There are so many I know that have passed away last year and didn't get to bring in the new year. I pray for their families as it is always hard to lose a loved one. For me, the new year is a blessing. On Facebook I saw someone post this quote, "Today is the first blank page if a 365 page book. Write a good one." That just stuck out to me. Life is what you make it. You can choose to be stressed or you can choose to be happy but most of all you can choose to let God use your circumstances to bring you closer to him.

New Me- Like I said in my last post I am a different person. I chose to make 2016 the best year yet. I realized that with all my problems, all my stress, all my circumstances I wasn't fully trusting God with them. I can't handle this myself. When I finally turned it all over to Him last night I felt such a calm peace. This is the year for the new me. My health is getting better and I am going to make the most of it.

New Beginnings- As we start this year I have a few personal goals. One I would like to spend more time in prayer and reading my Bible. Second, I would like spend more time with the people I love and care about. Lastly, I want to focus on trusting God more.

As for this blog, I have been praying about where I would like this to go. When I started this blog my goal was to encourage and interact with other young ladies and women. I pray that more people will read my blog this year. Here is what I have in mind for this year.

1. Continue with Meditation Mondays
2. Continue with Worship Wednesdays
3. Have a few more guest posts
4. Pray for each other

Hope everyone has a great New Year. If you have a prayer request, suggestion, or ideas of something you'd like to see let me know. I now have an email just for this blog. You can contact me there anytime. onegirlonelifeonegod@gmail.com

Lastly, as we start this new year it reminds me of one of my favorite songs. Write Your Story by Francesca Battistelli. I love that song and want it to be my theme for this blog and my life.

I'm an empty page
I'm an open book
Write Your story on my heart
Come on and make Your mark
Author of my hope
Maker of the stars
Let me be Your work of art
Won't You write Your story on my heart

 

Blessings and Shalom,
Grace Mae <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment