Monday, August 24, 2015

Meditation Mondays - Dealing with Disappointments

So one thing that we all face and deal with is disappointment. Church yesterday was about dealing with disappointments and so I thought it would be a good idea to write about this for my blog. 

God wants us to trust Him with our disappointments. Now I know that is a little harder then it sounds. I struggle everyday with disappointments as living with a chronic health issue I can't do everything I may want to because I don't physically or emotionally feel up to it. 

Some people don't understand that a change of plans or when I'm looking forward to doing something and then things change I get disappointed more then maybe I should. To them it might not be a big deal but to me it's a big deal because I'm never sure when I will have a good day or a bad day. That's part of living with a chronic illness.

I have a hard time being honest with my feelings. I've been hurt and been disappointed by more friends or who I thought were my friends. Really, I should be able to tell God my feelings and be completely honest with Him because He already knows what I am feeling. The main thing about dealing with these disappointments are not setting your expectations to high. 

So whatever you may be dealing with, or struggle with I encourage you to be honest with God. 

Blessings and Shalom,
Grace Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment