Friday, December 2, 2016

God with Us - Day 1

This is part of my Advent study I am doing this year. I posted a little about it over on Instagram and Facebook. I don't plan to share everyday but I will share when something sticks out to me. I wanted to post it here as well in case some of you don't follow by other social media. Monday was the first day of advent for me. Here are my thoughts. 

“I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."” Genesis‬ ‭3:15‬ ‭

This scripture got me thinking that it was the first time God uttered the promise of the Savior. It reminds me that is and Satan are enemies. It talks about how the first sin of Eve affected us. God said that between her and Satan and her offspring and Satan there would be hate. Jesus was a descendant and offspring of her. So when Jesus died on the cross for us the devil made him suffer great injury and pain. To me that sounds like the devil hurt His foot. Jesus however wins in the end and won the fight against Satan. In other words He hurt the devil's head. God had a plan from the beginning that Jesus would come into the world. I am so grateful that God's love met us even in our sin and that His compassion didn't let the story end there. His redemption covers all!!! As we start preparing for the Christmas season lets not loose sight of the main focus which is Jesus. He is the light of the World! 

Check back in with the blog as I may share more on the Advent study I am doing. 

Blessings and Shalom, 
Grace Mae <3 <3 <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment