Monday, March 14, 2016

Meditation Mondays - Comparing Yourself to Others

Have you ever felt like everyone else has their life together and you don't? Have you ever felt like you aren't important? Like you don't fit in? Like you aren't worth it? Do you compare yourself with your friends?

Let me tell you that those are lies. Nobody is perfect. Nobody has their life all together. Nobody isn't worth it. Truth is you are worth it. You are more then you think you are. God made you to be you and that's what makes you special.

Sometimes it's easier to look at others especially your friends and it's easy to get discouraged and to bring yourself down. Have you ever heard the saying "you are your worst critic."? It is so true. I know for me I have a hard time seeing the best in myself. It takes my friends to tell me that I am special.

There are times that I feel like I'm not good enough. Times that I feel like I could be a better Christian. But the truth and reality of it is that I am just who God intended me to be. I am good enough. I am special. Times that I wish I was more like my sisters but honestly if I were like them the world would miss out on me.

When we stop comparing ourselves to others, we can focus on growing as the person God intended us to be. I still struggle sometimes wishing I was like my friends but really I want to be more like Jesus. I want to love more, forgive more, and just let the world know who Jesus is.

So I leave this with you as I finish writing this. You are special. You are unique. You are who God intended.




No comments:

Post a Comment