Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday

As we have been preparing for Easter on Sunday, we don't want to forget about Good Friday. Jesus went to the cross to die for us. Isn't it amazing that Jesus loved us so much that even while we were sinners He chose to die for our sins? 

I was privileged to be able to attend two communion services this week. It really reminded me of the ultimate sacrifice that was made. I mean who am I that I would be worthy enough for Jesus to die for me. I am not perfect. Yes, I made mistakes but He was willing to forgive me of my sins and imperfections so I may have eternal life with Him. His body was broken and bruised for me. His blood was shed for me. When I think about this I am amazed and overwhelmed.

I mean Jesus came down from Heaven, the perfect place and took on all my sins and sorrows as His own. He suffered for my freedom. He took my place because He loved me so much. There is no greater love than this.

As we go into this weekend let us remember the sacrifice that was made. I encourage you to examine your hearts this weekend. If you don't know Jesus as your personal Savior and would like to know more please take time and look at my The Gift of Salvation page. I promise you that your life will never be the same once you know Him personally and ask Him into your heart and life. 

I leave you with this song! Lamb of God by Vertical Church Band. Remember the Lamb of God took my place so that my sins could be erased. 


No comments:

Post a Comment