Friday, November 22, 2013

Fun Friday - Giving Thanks

Welcome back to Fun Friday. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next Thursday. Where has the time gone?? Anyways, I though that this week I would share a couple things I am thankful for.

1. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with good friends and family.

2. I am thankful that no matter what God is there for me. As most of you know I have had a rough year. Trying to get better from RMSF and my grandma moving and we are trying to move. It has just been so stressful but God is always there.

3. I am thankful to be able to communicate with you all through the internet and the phone.

What are you thankful for??? I'd love to hear. I am also posting a recipe I found that I thought looked good. Hope you enjoy.

This recipe was found at Mel's Kitchen Cafe website. All credit goes to her. I can't wait to try this out. I love Hot Chocolate when it gets cold outside.

The Best Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Yield: Makes about 20 servings of hot chocolate
Ingredients
  • 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1½ cups cocoa powder, dutch-process or natural
  • 1½ cups white chocolate chips or finely chopped white chocolate
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
Directions
  1. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Working in two (or more) batches, depending on the size of your food processor, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chocolate is finely ground. Store the dry mix in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
  2. To make hot cocoa, put 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk. Top with whipped cream or miniature marshmallows, if desired.

1 comment: