Friday, February 10, 2017

LOVE is the key to success



Have you ever thought about why we are called to love? 

Why does our Heavenly Father demand us to love people we do not even know? 

These questions have come to pass in my mind plenty of times. There are many options that we have in this world about love and what it should look like.




LOVE is the key to success

My name is Crystal Lee and I have been writing for small groups at my local church, new letters for various local women’s groups and teaching devotional at a local women’s rehabilitation facility. I decided to step out on faith and become a guest writer for One Girl One Life One God; it has been an honor to have met Grace Mae. I am grateful for the opportunity to share a little bit of my experiences with the world. It is definitely not a coincidence that we have crossed path on the subject of Love. As a single mother of two children one being a teenager and freshman in High School, and my younger one who is in Elementary and may be ready for College next week, love has been long lasting subject in my household.

Why do I have to love the ugliness in others, you may ask yourself?
            When my children decide to act of character and bicker over petty stuff. I have to redirect them to the understanding neither how annoying nor how ugly they may be to each other; they will need to love each other. The relevance to regrouping and bringing my children back to the word is because we should take the time out to lay the foundation of God’s word back into our children’s lives.

“Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old,
He will not depart from it.” ~ Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)

Love has many meanings in the word of God. We need to take hold of the Agape type love which doesn’t come easy for some of us. For me it is a daily battle to choose the spirit woman to raise up verse the fleshly woman. In this life we have many distractions that draw us away from the light of the Savior. The modern, fast pace world where we want immediate answers to all of our situations and questions tends to draws us away at times from crying out to the Lord for answers. Our children disobey, our Husbands are disconnected, the work place environment is dull and overwhelming all at once, the bills are due, the family is hungry, you are a soccer mom, you volunteer at the local church, you have laundry piling up, etc. ; all sound familiar to some of us? What does this have to do with love? We engage in all these activities for the sake of a loved one.

Agape (Ancient Greek ἀγάπη, agápē) is "love:
The highest form of love, charity; the love of God for man and of man for God.
"Not to be confused with philia – brotherly love agape embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends, that serves regardless of circumstances.

I tried something different, starting my day with quite time in the word of God.  Asking Him daily to allow me to see people in the light of His love and how I could show love to those around me.  My challenge to you today is to step in faith and show some love. Love to me looks like feeding the homeless, going over to the that one sister in church who is totally your opposite and telling her how beautiful she is (we all have one of those), praying for those who spitefully use you, pray for your husband instead of complaining, pay it forward, find a women’s group in your area and pour your love into someone who is hurting, volunteer at a group home and pour love into some children, pray for that one person who gets under your skin (don’t tell me you never had that someone), etc.

Be blessed and thank you Grace Mae for the opportunity to be part of the ministry.  

I love you all.


~ CrysLee

No comments:

Post a Comment