Thursday, June 2, 2016

Prayer is Important

Prayer is an important part of your spiritual walk with God. Just like you talk to your friends to build a relationship and know more about them you need to do the same with God. Sometimes you may think it's hard to pray or you don't know what to pray for. Let me tell you that you can talk to God about anything at any time. 


Some people think that prayer is only for when you have a decision to make or something major happening in your life. The truth is you need to pray all the time. Even if nothing major is happening. You need to have that connection with God. Prayer changes you.



When the movie War Room came out and I went to watch it let me just tell you that it changed my perspective on prayer. Prayer is a powerful weapon! God is listening to you. Even if you can't find the words to say He knows your heart.


One of my favorite Scripture Verse is: "because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath." Psalm 116:2 Another verse I love is: "don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Philippians 4:6

I encourage you to keep a prayer journal. Write down your prayer requests. Here are a few ideas of what I do in my prayer journal. 

1. Write a master list. Write down the names of all the people you want to pray for. I am still adding to my list as I meet new people. 

2. Write down specific prayers for certain people. For example, mother, father, sister, brother, grandma, grandpa, spouse, etc. 

3. Keep a place to write down the prayer requests that others ask you to pray for. 

4. Write down your own prayers. What is on your heart. What you are feeling. 

I hope this post encourages you to seek a prayer life. I promise you that it will help you in your walk with Christ. So as I end this post I just want you all to know that I pray for each and every one that reads my blog. I pray that God will use me and my posts to encourage you. I pray that He will help you get through whatever you may be facing. He is the only one that will ever love you unconditionally. 

Blessings and Shalom,
Grace Mae <3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet lady. I loved this! I just came back from an hour walk listening to and praying with a Carman CD. There is a song on there called "Prayer" It is soooo good. Maybe you can find it on Youtube.
    Check out the last sentence of your blog. I think you will make a small change. I know what you meant! :) <3 I don't know how to publish when I select from "comment as". I don't have any of those accounts. When I select anonymous it lets me publish.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. That comment from Anonymous was from Aunt Bev. I forgot to say :)

    ReplyDelete