Monday, November 23, 2015

Meditation Modays - Let Us Be Thankful!

Welcome back to Meditation Mondays! This post is getting out later then I wanted but to share with you my thoughts on being thankful as we are preparing for Thanksgiving this week. 

Sunday I was working in with the 5 year olds/kindergartners at our church. We took them down to the other classroom to meet with the 4 year olds for songs and a mini lesson. Since it was the Sunday before Thanksgiving the lesson was on being thankful. When the teacher asked the kids what they were thankful for their answers just blew my mind. 

Usually you think at that age they would say toys, food, family, etc....but instead they said that they were thankful for Jesus, God, The Bible, their Church, prayer and family. 

I'm so glad that at such a young age our church is teaching them the truth and that they know how important these things are. 

So my question to you is what are you thankful for this year? 

I'm thankful for a number of things. First off, I'm thankful for God and my relationship with Jesus Christ because without Him I would be lost. Second, I am thankful for my family. My parents, Nanna, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins, and people I choose to be my family. 

I'm thankful for Amber and Summer. They are Godly young women who always know how to encourage me and pray for me. They make me laugh, smile, and I can be completely real with them. I know if I have a problem I can always count on them. One thing for sure is that we all love God and continue to grow in our faith together. They have surpassed being my best friends. They are my unbiological sisters. They are my family and I couldn't live my life without them. I can't wait to see what is ahead of us and how God will use us to bring more people to know Him.

I'm thankful for my best friend Jordyn. She's a pretty awesome friend. She's the only one that understands my craziness for knitting and crocheting and anything that has to do with fiber.  I always enjoy our late night chats and that she makes me laugh. I'm thankful that she and I can totally be honest and say things even though sometimes it doesn't make sense. I love that she is my friend. I can't wait to see what other crazy projects lay ahead of us. Where life takes us? I thank God that we are friends and I don't know what I would do without her. 

Remember Give Thanks to the Lord for He is good and His mercy endures forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment